Root canal fillings can be a complex and time consuming procedures, meaning some dentists are reluctant to pursue such treatments opting for extractions as a simpler, quicker solution. But unless you’re a shark, you won’t grow new teeth!
Root canals hold a special interest to us. We have the knowledge, equipment and experience required to perform root canal treatments and re-treatments. Additionally, we are more than happy to take referrals from both NHS and private dentists for RCT.
Do I need a root canal?
Your dentist is the only person who can accurately assess whether you need a root canal procedure, however the following symptoms may indicate the need for a root canal:
- Severe toothache pain upon chewing or application of pressure
- Prolonged sensitivity/pain to heat or cold temperatures (after the hot or cold has been removed)
- Discoloration (a darkening) of the tooth
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- A persistent or recurring pimple on the gums
Why get your root canal work done by Enhance Dental Care
We strongly believe in trying to save the tooth if at all possible. We would only suggest an extraction if it was in your best interests and there was no other viable option.
At Enhance we use a combination of training, experience and technology to deliver the best possible solution for our patients:
- We use the Schick digital x-rays to establish the condition and position of the canals and infection.
- We numb the tooth using the Wand STA (single tooth anaesthetic), meaning you can relax.
- Once the local anaesthetic has taken effect we remove all the bad stuff, like the tooth decay and infection.
- We use state-of-the-art materials and technology to eliminate the causes of the problem to ensure long-term success.
- Your tooth is then sealed and restored using either a composite filler or a cerec (ceramic reconstruction) It is bonded in place to strengthen and reinforce your tooth, giving you the confidence to eat what you want.
The tooth is always numbed beforehand, so you can relax, confident in the knowledge that the procedure will be comfortable.